Primal cure hemp oil is 100% acquired by cold pressed methods, then filtered and left unroasted. The hemp seeds used in hemp seed oil are derived from the non-drug strain sources of the hemp plant. It has a balanced source of both omega-3 and omega-6 (a-linoleic acid and linoleic acid), fatty acids which provide crucial anti-inflammatory properties to benefit hair, skin and our diet.
As with other nut oils, hemp seed oil is best use to add to smoothies, drizzle on salads or add to marinades, as its low smoking point makes it unsuitable as a cooking oil.
Hemp seed oil is a popular choice to add to heavy-duty hand and foot creams. The fatty acid compound from the omega-6 is gamma-linolenic acid (GLA): a powerful and effective anti-inflammatory, which also encourages skin growth and new cell generation.
Hemp seed oil is a natural humectant, which means it seals in moisture. You can use on its own, or create your own hand and foot creams.
Suggested uses for hair and skincare
- Take advantage of the its excellent moisturising properties by using as a scalp treatment.
- Apply to the ends of wet hair as a leave-in conditioner
- Add a few drops of hemp oil to your existing shampoo and conditioner
- Add a few drops to your existing hand and foot creams for an excellent moisture boost
- Apply directly to cracked heels or dry hands
- Try making your own hemp creams!
100% hemp seed oil
Energy – 3700kJ / 807kcal per 100g
Fat (g) – 86.7 (123.8% RI)
Of which saturated (g) – 6.7 (33.5% RI)
Carbohydrate (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Of which sugar (g) - 0.00 (0% RI)
Protein (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Salt (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)